07 August 2013

Cocoa Brown Tan Collection - Self tan Mousse - Scrub and Mitt Review - Before & After Photos


Personally before I discovered Cocoa Brown I was never a huge fan of fake tan. The hassle, the disasters and the down right unnaturalness of the tans I had tried before just turned me off the whole process. My prayers were answered when Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan was brought onto the Irish market last year. A tan that I tell all my friends is "practically perfect in every way" and leaves little room for error. I've done a review on the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan if you would like to read about it HERE. You're getting 150ml of product for €6.90 in Penneys and €7.99 on-line. I used it throughout the Christmas party season and love the one, two and three hour leave on options before washing it off depending on how dark you want to go.

Before and after photos of Cocoa Brown's 1 hour tan left on for three hours.

Then early this year after much demand for an even darker tan Cocoa Brown Night & Day was presented to the tanning maidens of Ireland. We couldn't get enough of the stuff, it was flying off the shelves in pharmacies nationwide and recently became available in Penneys €6.90 and on-line at Cloud10Beauty €7.99 and FeelUnique £7.99/€9.99. We asked for darker tan and that's exactly what we got. An instant darker tan which can be applied right before you head out the door and the next day after washing you are left with a subtle natural glowing tan.



Cocoa Brown Night and Day tan applied to my right arm.

My photos do not do the Cocoa Brown Night & Day tan the justice it deserves. The tan itself goes on so effortlessly and leaves you with what can only be described as an exotic natural looking tan from a far away land!!  It's fast drying, without making my skin feel dry and also has the signature CB scent.Cocoa Brown tanning mousse should be applied with a tanning mitt and can also be purchased in Penneys and pharmacies nationwide. I'm going on a big night out for my birthday at the end of the month, I have my outfit planned and a new bottle of Night & Day ready, too excited! I find when I have applied Cocoa Brown tan I feel more confident in sexier clothes when going out. Is that mad?! I don't feel the need to hide my skin as much.


Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter, the brand that keeps on giving! It looks pretty but don't let "Tough Stuff" fool you, it's a no nonsense scrub for rough areas. It was only recently launched and I have no doubt it will also be flying off the shelves. It comes in a 50ml sachet and costs €2.99 or €5.63/£4.50 for 100ml on-line at feelunique.com




I was not surprised to see Tough Stuff following in it's sister products footsteps when I opened to sachet to discover just like the packaging that the scrub was also pink. I've used Tough stuff to prepare my skin before applying tan (the day before, not on the same day as this isn't recommended) and found it excellent for removing dead skin and leaving my skin so smooth. It feels nice when applied and doesn't cut the skin off you like other scrubs! It also claims to be perfect for removing stubborn tan but I have yet to have a problem with Cocoa Brown tanning mousse as it washes off completely within a few days. It suggest using it on areas such as feet, ankles, knees, elbows, hands and can be used 3-4 times a week.

I'd love to see Tough Stuff in a tub like packaging with more product as I wouldn't use a whole sachet in one go and don't like the idea of it sitting opened to the elements. If you could sort that out for me Marissa that would be great, thanks!! I wouldn't mind paying more if it meant more product and packaging that opened and closed to make using it in the shower a bit handier. 

There you have it ladies, the Cocoa Brown collection in it's entirety. Well, at least for the time being. I can't wait to see what Marissa has up her sleeve for us next. 

Love,
Sarah 

For more information visit www.cocoabrown.ie

*All products mentioned have been sent to me to review and have been purchased many times since with my own money. All opinions are my own. 

Follow me on Twitter: @adoreabubbles

Stalk me on instagram: Adoreabubbles

Check out my Youtube videos: www.youtube.com/user/adoreabubbles

Check out my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Adoreabubbles





13 comments:

  1. Completely agree Sarah love Coca Brown it's fantastic since I'm allergic to the sun but like you say I would like to see the 'Tough Stuff' in a tub or tube for a number of reasons, great review btw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna :D It's a great natural looking tan for those ladies allergic to the sun haha Most other tans just make pale/fair skin look dirty or orange! A tube is a great suggestion, I can even picture it now! I love the name too. :D x

      Delete
  2. great post! I literally just put on my Coco Brown before readying thisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cocoa Brown, you can't go wrong especially with our pale irish skins! Love the look of tough stuff too!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with it too :D Thank you so much for checking out my post Hannah :D

      Delete
  4. wonderful review Sarah ! I have heard great things about this product before so I am definitely going to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Mary, I'd love to know what you think about it when you get a chance to try it. :D

      Delete
  5. I love Cocoa Brown too and can't wait to try Tough Stuff, it looks like exactly the scrub I've been looking for now for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so nice compared to other scrubs I have used Vicky :D x

      Delete
  6. Tough Stuff sounds great but I probably wouldn't buy a sachet, I would definitely buy a pump or tub of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am absolutely in love with this tan. I love how quickly it dries into the skin. I am a new follower! Gorgeous blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been really sceptical about a tan from penny's to be honest but this looks fab, its so natural looking... it'l be in the basket on my next primark splurge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...