There was a big smile on my face this week when I found out I had been nominated for the Shine On Blog Award by the lovely Girl Friday, thank you guuuuurlfriend!
There are a few of these blog awards floating around and I think they are fantastic. It really shows you how much support and respect we have for other bloggers. I love our (not so little any more) blogger community.
As part of being nominated I have to share seven facts about myself, here we go!
- There's a photo of me in a Beano magazine out there somewhere, sitting on a tractor no less.
- Growing up I collected stamps and marbles! I lost a few along the way though.
- D&G Light Blue was the first perfume I ever bought myself and is my favourite for summer.
- I love spicy food, spicier the better! I'm tucking into an Indian dish I made myself tonight.
- The first CD I ever bought was Robbie Williams single Rock DJ. The shame.
- I have more fun shopping in charity shops than in high street stores. You never know what you might find.
- Christmas is my favourite time of year. I get to spoil all the people I love and fill my belly with all my favourite foods.
- EXTRA FACT: I really appreciate the fact that you are reading my blog right now.
Now I nominate fifteen bloggers to share their facts, this is even tougher than it was to come up with those facts!
- Dancing with disaster
- Anita's Beauty Spot
- Love Life and Makeup
- Eimear Byrne Make Up Artist
- Emerald Eyeliner
- Nina Reviews
- Girl with the Skew Earring
- Forever Fabulous in Bows
- The Lady Named C
- Flowers and Freckles
- Adora Mehitable
- Secrets Behind the Closet Door
Some extra har har facts:
- This little nugget is from my oldest brother when asked to suggest a fact about me. "Out of all your friends you have the biggest feet". He's right, the swine!
- When I was ten I broke my leg playing chasing with my cousins and Mark Rogers who is now the field training manager for Benefit. Thanks Mark!
- When I was six I made perfume from weeds in my garden and sold it to the other kids in the neighbourhood for 2p.
- I got my tongued pierced when I was sixteen, a few weeks later I swallowed the bar at school while eating lunch.
- In second year I told my business studies teacher that "I can't tell the future" when I was asked "Will you have your homework done tomorrow". Her face was priceless. I was instantly full of regret.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine.