07 December 2014

Mum to Be Monday #1 - Baby News


Hello Everyone,

If you follow me on any of my social media websites you would have heard the big news that I'm going to be a mum.....ek! I am currently eighteen weeks pregnant and thought it would be a great time to start a "Mum to Be" series here on my blog. I want to share my journey with you and I also want to use the series as a platform for me to interact with other mammies and mum's to be out there. I'll be asking questions over on my Facebook page over the next few months and would love to see your interaction over there.

So I've been checking out a few other bloggers pregnancy updates and they seem to cover a number of changes week by week which I will cover for you below. If there is anything you are interested in or want to know about my pregnancy leave it in the comments below!

Due Date: 9th May 2015 *whoop whoop*
Total weight gain? I have no idea, I didn't weight myself at the beginning and to be honest I'm not too hung up on the weight gain. So far I haven't gained any noticeable weight apart from my baby bump of course! 
Best moment so far? That would have to be our 12 week scan. Getting to see our baby for the first time was so surreal. I will do a post on this amazing experience because it was such a big event for us.  
Miss anything? There have been a few moments when I have missed the sweet taste of amber nectar (alcohol) but that was just at family events when I felt like I was missing out but it wasn't a big deal. 
Movement? No movement yet but I know this little one will be very active because at the 12 week scan he/she was doing summer-salts! 
Food cravings? The first craving was Rice Crispies. I'm not a big fan of cereal but between week 5 to 15 I was having at least two bowls a day. For the last two weeks I've been craving orange juice a lot. My babies way of telling me I'm not getting enough Vitamin C! 
Supplements? I began taking Sanatogen Mother to be Multivitamin and multimineral food supplement while we tried to get pregnant and then for the first 12 weeks I switched to Folic acid. I'm currently taking Pregnacare Original, when I remember too, baby brain kicking in!  
Anything making you queasy or sick? I have to say in 18 weeks of pregnancy I'm very lucky to report that I only had two days where I couldn't keep a thing down. It was not a pleasant experience but I'm just thanking my lucky stars I didn't have to go through that for longer like so many other women during pregnancy. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Current turn off is sausages! 
Gender: Hopefully we will find out before Christmas.
Will I be doing bump updates? Maybe when I get a little bigger but at the moment it's not something I plan on doing. 
Stretch marks? No new ones. I have a few from my teens when my weight went up and down like a yo-yo but as far as I can see I have no new ones. I've been using a range of products to combat the possibility of new ones, I shall share them with you in another post.
Anything unexpected? Crazy...and I mean cray-cray dreams! 
Wearing? I'm still wearing my own non-pregnant lady clothes! The only thing I have purchased is a new pair of trainers for work because I spend a lot of the day standing. 
Buying: I'm waiting until next year before I start going baby mad! So far all I have bought is a hand made knitted mickey mouse hat from a local Christmas fair. Couldn't resist it! I'm very lucky that a few of the larger and expensive baby items such as the cot, basket and pram have been kindly offered to us by family and friends. 

That's all I can think of so far but as I said before if there is anything you want to ask pop it in the comments below. I'm so excited to share this journey with you and to also have it documented. 

I can't believe it's finally happening. I'm going to be a mother! Is it corny to say that I have always dreamed of the day I would be saying that?. At 28 years of age I thought it would have happened a lot sooner but I know times have changed and couples are having babies later and later in life. I can't even put into words how excited I am! 

Stay tuned for more updates and don't worry I won't be bombarding you with baby posts....well, not many!! 

Love,
Sarah


6 comments:

  1. Lovely little update Sarah, glad your keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little update Sarah, glad you're keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has brightened up my day! Im so delighted for you!!!! Such a lovely and diferent post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Nadine, I hope we get the chance to meet again x

      Delete
  4. Awh congrats!! it means so much to me that you have started this blog series as I am also 18 weeks pregnant and due just 2 days after you!!! I'm also waiting for the new year to start buying baby things, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...